The Giving Room
Erinvale Estate Hotel & Spa together with Preferred Hotel Group invites you to make a difference in our community by choosing to stay in “The Giving Room”. The Giving Room is an initiative of Preferred Hotel Group’s GIFTTS (Great Initiatives for Today’s [Tomorrow’s] Society) programme. For every night occupied in the designated Giving Room, Room 40, 10 per cent of the room’s revenue will be donated to ECHO. This initiative is a great way to make your stay not only memorable but also beneficial to the underprivileged in the immediate community.
Erinvale Care and help Organisation embraces and enriches the lives of less privileged members of our society and strives to create unity amongst all in the Helderberg Basin. The Echo Development Programme aims to guide tertiary students to grow to their full potential for the professional environment.
ECHO offers educational opportunities across a wide range of activities.
- Individual sponsorships – R17,000 per year
- Extra-curricular tuition
- “Life Skills” workshops
- Sports development
- Life coaching and mentoring
Organisations and people ECHO support through recycling of clothes and household goods as well as financial assistance:
- Rape Crisis
- Emmanuel’s Haven
- Child Witness Protection
- Chris Nissen Park
- Animal Welfare
ECHO’s philosophy is “Build the soil, grow the plants, heal the people, feed the planet” for life. The following are ECHO’s community feeding projects:
- Garden Village Soup Kitchen
- Garden Village Soup Packs
- Chris Nissen Vegetable Garden
- Chris Nissen Park “Love Packs”
- Child Witness Protection “Comfort Packs”
ECO-FRIENDLY HABITS AT ERINVALE ESTATE HOTEL & SPA
- Continuously recycling waste – glass, tin, plastic and cardboard – ensuring reduction of landfill waste.
- Water saving notices in bathrooms.
- Borehole water used for irrigation.
- Energy-saving light fixtures wherever possible.
- Bamboo flooring was installed in major public areas (restaurant, reception and lounge). Bamboo is a quality, sustainable and renewable resource.
- Earth Hour campaign: The hotel encouraged all guests and employees to sign up for this initiative and to join in a candlelit dinner during the time all power was switched off in the public areas.