The Cape Region and entire Western Cape are facing critical water shortages currently. At Erinvale Estate Hotel & Spa we urge all our guests to assist us and to please use this valuable resource sparingly. The Hotel has implemented various water saving strategies to ensure our water consumption stays within the legal limits set out by the Western Cape Government.
Our water saving actions includes:
- We currently have one borehole which is used to irregate the gardens along with non-potable water supplies.
- All bath plugs have been removed from the guest rooms, leaving behind a rubber ducky and a note informing guests about the water restriction and the drought Cape Town is suffering through. All guest rooms do have a shower.
- We display a “water drop” sign on taps in public areas and showers in guest rooms which informs guests about the water restriction and tips on how to save water.
- We have removed hand soap from all public areas and replacing with Charlotte Rhys hand sanitizer, informing guests to use less water during this difficult time.
- We are reusing washing machine water from Housekeeping to water 90% of the plants in the Erinvale garden.
- Spa facilities are being limited during this time. We have closed down the Steam Room and no longer offer bath treatments in the Spa to reduce water usage; Showers in the Spa bathrooms have also been shut down to save water, and only making use of the shower should it be needed after a treatment (body scrub / body wrap).
- All fountains have been turned off to reduce water usage
Thank you for playing your part and helping us to SAVE WATER.